rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Appeal of Noam Chomsky

The Appeal of Noam Chomsky

Quote: (11-21-2016 02:14 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

FWIW, I have come to the conclusion that the Chomster is an alpha dog leftist. Believe it or not, they do exist!

Disagree. While he's not effeminate or bitch-like, his zero-fucks-given maverick reputation has more to do with him being a Jewish leftist. A leftist Jewish professor in academia is pretty much going to be free to say anything he pleases. Let's see a gentile professor say anything vaguely alt-rightish and not be fired or ostracized after vituperative attacks from all sides first before we start handing out Balls of Steel awards. Although, he is media-savvy and was able to make a career out of his political beliefs decades before the internet, so I'll give him that.

Quote:Quote:

He has a comfortable university tenure based on his early research, which Tom Wolfe, of all people, has called this into question with a new book.

There are plenty of people in such fields as Linguistics, Psychology, Neuroscience who dispute Chomsky's work in Linguistics. Which is not unusual. Who's correct? I don't have an opinion on that as I'm not well-versed in the field. The implication of some critiques against his work seems to be Chomsky doesn't care much about Linguistics as a discipline of learning as much as he likes to get his name out there as a political critic. Is that what Wolfe was getting at too?

Needless to say, the Choamites have gone into hyper-drive to defend their mumblecore prophet. One of the earlier posters pointed out that Chomsky drones on and on and never seems to directly answer a question, even when the interviewer nails him on an inconsistency.
His genius is to counter-attack every time someone calls him on the carpet.

That's not genius, that's standard rhetorical technique. Lots of academics don't learn about Aristotle or Ancient Greek and Roman educational/literary methods anymore so they're hopelessly disadvantaged in a debate unless they're naturally quick-witted and aggressive in argument. Chomsky is quite knowledgable, yes, but his debate technique isn't anything special in itself.

You write a thousand word article on how he indirectly supported the Khmer Rouge, he writes a ten thousand word article attacking you as a fascist.

1. Did he actually support the Khmer Rouge or did he criticize American policy towards the KR? I don't know, I haven't read anything about that particular debate. There's a subtle difference and it's not necessarily supporting the KR if it's the latter.
2. Again, going on the attack-- even if it's launching a straw-man argument-- when being criticized is a standard practice of rhetoric.
3. If Chomsky has in fact done just that-- accuse opponents of fascism for attacking his position-- that just makes him a smarter, more famous lame-ass invoking a version of Godwin's Law to attempt to silence people who disagree with him.

You try to corner him and he will produce a three hundred page book with self-referential notes that shows his views are sacrosanct. He's smart enough never to side with any group in power, but will gladly take money from the state. He'll agree to any interview so long as the interviewer will let him drone.
Its created an entire generation of glassy-eyed SJW's who use for quotes although they never seem to know anything about him.

Again, he's a left-wing Jewish professor with lots of friends and partners in academia and the media world. He's got resources for days and people willing to take his word on anything based on his media reputation. He's not David fighting Goliath, but he's able to portray himself as someone who is speaking truth to power. Not a bad gig.

For his shit-talking about Trump and the rise of European Nationalism, I'm not really surprised at his lack of understanding about it. Someone earlier called his learning "astounding." No, he's not. Smart, yes. Tricky and clever in debate, yes. But really not that bright or insightful. Jewish/Leftist academics are full on what Nassim Taleb calls Intellectual Yet Idiot. To these academics it's confounding how Europeans and Euro-Americans are becoming more nationalistic. They are in their bubble and things and people outside that bubble are dismissed as irrelevant or unintelligent. Much like the media --who are themselves Jewish academics or gentiles trained by Jewish academics-- couldn't perceive why anyone would vote Trump or Brexit. The just cannot see what is in front of their eyes and most refuse to see any need for them to learn how.

Messages In This Thread