rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Serbo-Croat: most useful language to learn for W. Europeans?

Serbo-Croat: most useful language to learn for W. Europeans?

Quote: (01-18-2018 07:58 PM)Sisyphus Wrote:  

Orson, I'm not quite understanding your post. I'm not really interested in "markets" and I'm not interested in looking into the Balkans as a place where an American can pick up a bunch of chicks. I liked the area and I want to spend more time traveling there.

Perhaps I'd consider doing some investing in the region some time in the distant future but that's not really a consideration right now. Croatia is already a pretty popular tourist destination among the big traveling countries and Montenegro seems poised to be the next one. But I digress.

Next time I have some free time to do some long term travel I'm expecting to go to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro (in addition to Albania and Macedonia but I'm not terribly interested in adding much to the 10-20 words of Albanian I know). If I wanted to communicate with the absolute highest number of people then I'd be learning Russian this second, but that's not my goal in this endeavor.

My point is that Czech is not so burdened by too much stifling regulation like Croatia. Thus, the economy is more growth-oriented.

That and since South-Slavic (Croatian) is understood in Croatia and nearby (Serbia, etc), having a North-option where one can also be understood means learning Serbo-croat makes more sense because one has MORE options.

More options means more freedom. The equation is win+win+win=more happiness.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Messages In This Thread