rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Long Flights

Long Flights

Quote: (08-01-2016 12:42 PM)chicane Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2016 11:15 AM)thoughtgypsy Wrote:  

A couple years ago I used the CVS brand sleeping aid to help fall asleep, but I only felt worse waking up. Not gonna do that again. I can't seem to find what it was, but I want to say it was Diphenhydramine HCL.

Melatonin seems to help with sleep once I reach my destination, but doesn't really help while on a flight.

I'm hearing good things about Unisom. It looks like there are two kinds: Doxylamine succinate and Diphenhydramine hydrochloride.

Anyone have a similar bad experience with OTC sleep aids, and ended up finding one which worked? Would appreciate any input here.

Diphenhydramine is the generic name for Benadryl. Buying generic Benedryl is often cheaper. They also normally come in 25mg tablets where the sleeping pill versions are often 50mg.

Diphenhydramine sometimes (often) leaves me groggy for much of the following day, I don't always metabolize it fast enough. Figure out what works for you.

I've tried all the OTC, and Ambien is so much better it's not even close. Well worth the hassle of telling your doc you have insomnia and getting a prescription.

Messages In This Thread