rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

learning another language to up your game?

learning another language to up your game?

Quote: (06-24-2011 05:31 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

If you pick up Portuguese and you're interested in Brasil, make sure you take Brazilian Portuguese and not Continental or European Portuguese as the 2 are vastly different. I speak fluent Brasilian Portuguese but when I'm with Portuguese folks, I barely understand what they're saying as they use different words/vocabulary and expressions and the accent is ugly to put it mildly as opposed to the more sensual and melodious brasilian version. Keep that in mind. Also, as far as courses are concerned, Pimsleur is the best and that's what helped me back in 2004-5 when I was starting Portuguese form scratch. It's expensive but worth every penny if you're serious about learning that lingo. So yeah, definitely do pick up a 2nd and a 3rd one and even a 4th one. The more languages you can speak, the more opportunities you will have in life.

Quote: (06-24-2011 03:25 PM)bars Wrote:  

I would try Spanish or Portuguese, Italian is just spoken in Italy while Español in parts of the US, Latin America(except Brasil) and España.
Portuguese=BRASIL.

I work along side Brazilians at my job and they tell me that its so difficult to understand a person speaking Continental Portuguese that they would rather dump their mother tongues and speak English to each other.

Messages In This Thread