rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Physician Assistant Career. Worth it?

Physician Assistant Career. Worth it?

I'm an RN and wrapping up NP school and second everything Fast Eddie said. With the exception of the age part. I'd push that up to mid to late 30's maybe even early 40's depending on situation.

Over the years I've seen many, many NP's & PA's decide to go to med school. Financially it makes sense if you have at least 15-20 years left. I can see no reason for someone under 30 to go NP or PA as 1st choice. Try for med school first if that's your interest.

As far as those salaries go that Fast Eddie mentions. Those are true too. Residents can moonlight in all kinds of environments and make some serious cash. Some that require little more than your presence on the property i.e. sleep labs. However, if you are asking these questions on this board I will throw it out there that you will probably not match with any of the ROADS specialties. They are very competitive and many of those people have been working on making themselves competitive since highschool. I know people that had a 3.8-3.9 GPA in med school and didn't match in less competitive specialties and had to scramble and ended up in family practice. So aim high but don't count on it. http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/ama-wire/pos...ppens-next

Also EM takes a special kind of person and has high burnout rates. It is stressful. You don't understand stress until you are standing there waiting on an ambulance bringing in a 3 year old in full arrest.

Quote:Quote:

This is from an entirely financial side, mind you, and doesn't even get into the fact that being a "doctor" instantaneously elevates you in the minds of most people to a status exceeded only by the true elites, eg the rich and famous. Being a physician is sexy; telling a girl you're a physician assistant dries the pussy out cause you're basically admitting to being someone's inferior, ie bitch.

Kinda, except those in medical field know that you're still administrations bitch. Plus most women know that PA is a 100k job and that keeps them wet.

As far as NP vs. PA goes. Same job duties, different education. I will say that PA's get a better education but NP's have better scope of practice in many states. Need to research it more than I will type it out here before you decide which way to go.

Messages In This Thread