rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game before the "smartphone era?"

Game before the "smartphone era?"

I went to college in the early 80's. Back then, after you turned 21, you could go to bars, pick up girls, and bring them home. Before you turned 21, you could go to a frat party, pay $3 door fee and have access to a keg all night (equivalent of $10 now). You could pick up girls this way as well.

You still could get numbers, and call later to ask for a date, and being on campus, it was easy to find a convenient opportunity to meet up. You could also meet people at house or dorm room parties, where you'd go to a party on your buddy's floor, and meet a chick from his floor, or maybe one of the floors above or below. It was really easy to branch from one social circle to another. Meeting a chick like this and getting the bang was called "Getting Lucky". I know that term is not extinct, but it was our lingo at that time.

There were definitely guys who were naturals. I had a friend try to explain to me how you go to a party, watch for a girl who is looking at you and checking you out, then go talk to her, and fuck her. Of course, he played guitar in a band, built his own hot rods, dealt drugs, and was a really cool guy. A typical natural. He worked at the activities that made him cool, and he did have a thought out methodology, but there's no doubt he was a natural.

So, like other guys have said, it was all about getting numbers and calling her at her parents home, or her dorm room or college apartment. However, there were also plenty of one night stands or single night lays turning into plates.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Messages In This Thread