rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When a flag might not be a flag

When a flag might not be a flag

Quote: (10-31-2012 12:36 AM)192 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-21-2011 02:58 PM)Gavin1234 Wrote:  

I got a similar question. Was in Macau last week and got cockblocked with this girl from Macau by her beta friends (they basically dragged her away). The question is, did that actually cost me the Macau flag, if it exists? Or is it just a Chinese flag? If the latter, it wouldn't be as bad. The question would also apply to Hong Kong, since both are Special Administrative Regions of China. Not really countries but quite autonomous.

Interesting question... I guess technically they are all Chinese, however, Hongkies tend to have a distcinct look, personality and attitude VS mainlaind Chinese so, I dunno, more fun to count them as seperate I think.

Flagging will always be somewhat arbitrary, and these rules are by no means set in stone.

I'd consider Hongkong, Macau, and Taiwan to be more like 'bonus' flags worth chasing after.

Also, if a region or territory was so different (linguistically, culturally, ethnically, etc.) from the rest of the country that it might as well be a seperate nation, then I'd still be willing to count it as a flag.

For example, if I shagged a girl from Tibet Autonomous Region or any of the other regions in China with a Tibetan majority population (or even from the regions of Northeast India populated by Tibetan refugees) I'd count that as a Tibetan flag.

Messages In This Thread