rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Diet Gurus: Simple Balanced Diet for Lean Gains?

Diet Gurus: Simple Balanced Diet for Lean Gains?

I believe there isn't one diet which has not been cover and that is a vegan diet for lean gains. A vegan diet is super simple, cheap, packed with nutrition and so effective that you don't have to keep count of macros. I am not saying you are allow to pig out, but intuitive eating is the best formula to follow if you want simplicity without over stressing your intake of macros. And before I get heat about meat being a complete source of protein and which can't easily be matched, I'll state before hand that any legume and rice(brown rice preferably, but white will do) will provide you with a complete source of protein easily. In my experience, this diet keeps me lean without putting extra effort(or any) into supplementing with various capsules such as fish oil, vitamins and minerals (zincs seems to be a big deal).

Here is what a typical day looks like:

Morning: Oatmeal, with banana and apple, topped with unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, and black-strap molasses (this stuff is so heavily packed with minerals that you can discard the notion of taking any form of mineral supplements - magnesium, zinc, iron, etc -).
Lunch: Various type of grains, which can all be cooked in a simple rice cooker, but let's go with barley. Cooked Barley with shredded( or steamed) carrots, diced tomatoes, broccoli, green peas, avocado and ground flax seeds for omega-3s. You can throw in any type of spice into the rice cooker along with your barley (or any grain), but I strongly suggest that you always incorporate dry ginger, and turmeric daily. I know fresh is always better, but I don't have time for that.
Dinner: It can be a repeat of lunch or something new. Tonight, I'll have boiled navy beans with barley and the usual veggies and prices.
Snacks: Nuts and seeds, in moderation, fresh fruits most of the time and occasionally dried fruits.
Supplement: B12 - this is the only supplement which you'll need to take. That's it.

Edit: I just wanted to mention that I consume nearly 3500 calories without gaining weight (fat) and don't count macros at all. You should just note to keep oil to a minimal because they don't carry much or any nutritional value.

Messages In This Thread