rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gang culture in America: When will it end?

Gang culture in America: When will it end?

Quote: (10-15-2015 02:57 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Left out the italians and russians, though I associate the "mob" as something more organized than a gang. Dare I say it, i'd rather pay protection to the mob during a Ferguson type breakdown than give money to those idiots.

In the case of the Italian mob, i.e. the Sicilian Mafia, you'd be more or less right.

The main reason the Sicilian Mafia exist was essentially because a societal breakdown took place. Around the 1820s, the feudal system of land ownership in Sicily broke down with no central authority in its place, and private ownership of land skyrocketed. The problem was the authorities didn't have much experience with contracts -- most land was owned in fiat by barons -- and didn't have the manpower to police it. The mafia came into existence to fill the void of protection for villagers, albeit in a highly criminal manner.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread