rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Feel Recharged

I Feel Recharged

Right now I feel bulletproof, and like nothing can stop me. I ended a LTR back in May. We were together for over 3 years. I let this woman go deeper into my life than any other woman before her, and our breakup affected me more than I thought it would.

On the surface I'm actually better than when we were together. I turned 47, I've dropped 40 pounds, I'm back in the dojo doing MMA, I'm taking a couple trips in a few weeks with more scheduled, I've built 2 new rifles, and now I'm reloading my own ammo. But something was off.

I was going through a rough patch where I was up, and down. I felt like I couldn't shake it. Usually I go from neutral to happy, but this funk was hanging over me. There was something nagging away at me that kept trying to bubble to the surface, and I couldn't figure it out.

Well, it finally came to me. I wasn't missing her, I missed actually having a main. Having a main is something that's relatively new to me. She was the first woman that wasn't family that I actually relied on to do things for me, and I liked it.

But that's not the reason for this post and my bulletproof mood. The reason I feel like a demigod is Patrice Oneal. Yesterday while grilling I listened to an episode of The Black Phillip Show, and my mood was immediately lifted. I still felt it this morning when I woke up to go to the gym. Dealing with women in any capacity can be a drain on your energy reserves, and I really haven't been feeling it lately.

There are a lot of things that we can do as men that can recharge us, it's a matter of finding that thing. Last year it was working out, now it's listening to Patrice. Next year it will probably be something else or multiple things, but you have to find out what that is. It's essential for good mental hygiene, because as red pill men we feel isolated enough as it is. When you start to feel like you're in a low place stop everything that you're doing, and start digging through your psyche. You need to find out why immediately. Life is about living, and being depressed sucks. This is as close as I came to being depressed since I got back from Afghanistan. Being deployed actually cured me. It was the isolation that gave me time for introspection that cured me. Also, when there are people trying to kill you it helps you appreciate life. I'm glad that I found something so simple to pull me out of a bad place without deploying. What works for you? What brings you back? Post it below to help other members.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Messages In This Thread