rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best era to be born and live?

Best era to be born and live?

Quote: (10-12-2015 11:54 AM)Dusty Wrote:  

I was born in the mid 60s in the Northeast USA. One thing that changed in my lifetime is that loss of national cohesion. National unity. Sure there was always disagreements and differences (sometimes pretty bad ones) but American's felt part of the same team more or less.

When I was a kid there was no Internet, and virtually no cable tv. So everyone watched the same shows. Every family was the same. The family would gather around the tv and watch Happy Days or some other innocent G rated show, and then the kids would go to school the next day and talk about it with the other kids and the teachers and share some yuks.

I went to a mostly white school, but there were a few black kids. They integrated well, and they had plenty of white friends. No black kid ate alone in the cafeteria. I hardly heard about race or feminism growing up. We talked about slavery in History and they didn't pull any punches about it, but we weren't made to feel guilty about it either. Our teachers were patriotic and the founding fathers were held up as larger than life heroes. We celebrated the pilgrims, and Lincoln and Washington. We were taught about liberty and the constitution and bill of rights. There was no strife. No SJWism.

It was a good time to be a kid.

Same thing with music, Top40 radio was listened to by everyone back in the day, now we're all split among all different types of music.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Messages In This Thread