rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

17 years, I want to go on an exchange program to another country.
7 years, I want to go on an exchange program to another country.
If you are finishing high school, you could just study the language at a University in Latin America if that's what you want.

I studied abroad in Mexico during university. I took classes all day, met Mexican university students, stayed with a Mexican family, and was able to learn the language pretty quickly since I was very immersed in it.

Work in Latin America is a ridiculous idea for a European teenager. What could you do that would be worth your time? Just view it as a long educational vacation really, don't imagine you'll make money.

One international student I knew in Mexico, an African girl who spoke more languages than I could name, actually did work as a waitress in a pizzeria run by expats. It was a wood-fired thin-crust pizzeria run by an American guy serving actual good pizza, which is pretty impossible to find throughout most of Mexico. It was frequented by other expats with money. She would make about $100US a day she said, which in Mexico is an amazing amount of money to make doing unskilled labor. Really, if that's 20 tables a day, $5 tip a table?

So if you could do something like that, cater to rich expats, you could perhaps make some decent pocket money.

I enjoyed Latin America. It is poorer and more violent than Europe, but you already knew that. People are more friendly and family is more important, and the girls very cute. You probably already knew that as well.

You're young, you could choose anywhere in the world. Latin America is fun and lots of us love traveling there. Spend a semester or even a year somewhere, learn the language, you'll enjoy yourself.

Messages In This Thread