rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A possible reason why bars and clubs have their music irrationally loud

A possible reason why bars and clubs have their music irrationally loud

We all know the typical reason given out by guys- it's just a simple way to make people a little more lonely and anxious, and to do that they drink more. Obviously, with ridiculous markup on the alcohol, so there is significant financial incentive, but the effect is not too big that people start to associate the venue with negative feelings, and it's socially accepted anyway.

But I figured that that reason is not sufficient to explain why so many venues had it when it was unbearable for me, especially without wearing earplugs. There has to be more people like me who want to go out and fuck girls without having to deal with the scammy tactics used by venues.

As I was rolling solo quite a lot in the past few months, I often was getting bored just waiting for a good time to approach. Sometimes I would shoot the shit with random guys, or even unbangable girls/girls not my type. At first I thought hot girls I approached came closer to me as they were romantically/sexually attracted, but soon realised everyone, guy or girl, were trying to get closer to me. Ostensibly, they do it "to hear me better". But it would probably be easier to stay where you were and simply talk much louder.

I was thinking about them doing that and I realised in hunter gatherer tribes we probably did get real close to each other, and that helped us develop emotional bonds with other members of the tribe more easily. We've only been "civilised" for a couple thousand years or so, so it's not enough time for evolution to change us, we still want that close emotional connection.

But in most parts of life, society has trained people to think it's awkward or "creepy" to move really close to other people. No matter that doing it in of itself isn't(as it's been done for millions of years)- but there's a self fulfilling prophecy that if you are socially aware and high value you tend not to do it, so the people that still do it are "awkward" so they reinforce that idea. People still haven't changed from wanting close emotional connections, and somehow at night venues where the music loud people can use this excuse that they are trying to hear each other better.

I'm probably saying this in part selfishly(I don't want to listen to insanely loud shitty music someone thought was "cool" at such a high volume), but also think it would benefit society as a whole. Why do we have to go to places like that for close emotional connections with strangers for it not to be "awkward"? Couldn't we somehow do it normally in our day to day lives? Is our society that fucked up?

Messages In This Thread