rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are professional psychologists ever useful?

Are professional psychologists ever useful?

I went to visit a psychologist many years ago (probably 10 years ago) and I thought that it was a complete waste of my time.

I couldn't understand how a professional could ask me so many pathetic questions and how he was even employed as such.

I had a close friend that visited a psychologist at that same time and he told me exactly the same thing. He said his psychologist was as useless as it could get.

Have any of you ever received value from visiting a psychologist or get some type of therapy help? I am not sure if UK psychologists are the problem or psychologists in general lack efficiency in their area of work.

I was recommended by a solid forum member to visit a psychologist (about a little issue I have, I have talked about it on the forum before, nothing major) but I am not sure if that will be a completely waste of my time.

It would be good to get some opinions here on what some of you think about psychologists/psychiatrists in general.

Messages In This Thread