rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor

Quote: (12-04-2015 06:48 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2015 06:04 AM)Unkown_Killa Wrote:  

No free lunch anymore. I imagine Manila and Jakarta today are what Tokyo was 10 years ago.

Not even close. Tokyo and Manila are different worlds, Tokyo 10 years ago was...not that different from now. Even then, word was GasPanic was over. Old guys will tell you that foreigners cleaned up in Japan in the 70s-90s - if that is true, and it's hard to tell because of the rose-coloured glasses effect - it was over by 2000.

I was there in 03-04 and I can tell you the party was definitely not over. However, I felt it got worse subsequently, noting a large decline upon my return in 2007. Is it because I dont like rap and its affects on the culture, I wasn't there more than a couple of months at a time, more non-Caucasian foreigners' bad behavior giving us a bad name? I remember talking to one of the first JET guys, who went there in 1990 in Osaka. He told me that he would get proposals from fathers for their low-class daughters, there being a rigid pre-revoultionary Chinese social structure at that time??

Who the Hell knows?

Messages In This Thread