rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor

Quote: (10-15-2015 04:17 PM)GoldenGod Wrote:  

Quote: (10-07-2015 09:57 AM)hervens Wrote:  

I decided to buy my ticket.
I'll be visiting Tokyo for the first time between December 29th, and January 11th. I still haven't decided where I'll be staying, but I'll figure that out later. I also expect to have a basic, but functional level of Japanese by then

If any of you guys will be there on those dates and wants to meet up, let me know.

Hey duder, If you're just starting to learn Japanese. I suggest you go ahead and get Rosetta Stone Japanese Lvl 1-3. You would be able to finish all levels by the time you leave if you work at it everyday. Youll have a decent working vocab that will be usueful while there temporarily. Also try japanesepod 101 for while you're driving/commuting. Most importantly learn Hiragana and Katakana immediately. If you want to dabble in Kanji try WaniKani. (Although for your purpose I would focus on speaking and building vocab for now)

I'll be there for a couple weeks at the beginning of November. Anyone looking to meetup and talk game or have a beer, PM me.

Thanks for the tips
I'm currently learning japanese with pimsleur's japanese program lv 1-3. I'll check out Rosetta Stone and see if the switch is worth it. I've also memorized the hiragana and katakana , but still can't understand pretty much anything I read because of my limited vocabulary, and the fact that I can't read kanji.

Btw, have you guys ever tried those cheap capsule hotels? Are they worth it at all for a 14 day stay?

Messages In This Thread