rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deep Lounge

Deep Lounge

I had an experience when I was younger than shook me for years but the beauty of the human mind is that it is forgetful and after a long enough period of time everything returns to a state of balance.

I took some MDMA and acid with a friend and we sat outside in the park for the night. The basis of the discussion was how can a person truly accept that their is no meaning to our lives. Each person hopefully finds a way to give their life meaning but the reality is that their is no meaning. Many people accept the meaning that other people give them and take that to be their meaning: advertisements/shopping, religion, political issues. After an evening discussing these topics with a friend under a heavy dose of mind altering drugs I felt that I had truly internalized the idea that life had no meaning.

The result was a kind of religious ecstasy. In the morning I took a walk with my friend and we went to have breakfast at a local place we often went to. I felt a kind of inner joy that is impossible to describe. When looking at people I felt as if I could understand their thoughts and worries. Usually when I took drugs they would eventually stop working but after this experience and talk I felt this joy for 3 days. I didn't need sleep and didn't want to sleep. I walked around and chatted with people, going to some 24 hour places where I knew some people that worked. Each person I talked to I felt I could see their desires and hopes, their pains and suffering.

It went away, that feeling and understanding, but I still remember the experience. I can only imagine what monks who meditate for their entire lives feel like, but I think it must be something like what I experienced. This causes a little sadness because I think all humans are able to reach a higher level of consciousness but don't because we waste our lives with smaller pleasures than enlightenment.

Messages In This Thread