rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts of leaving Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Thoughts of leaving Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

As a past wrestler and kung fu guy, I'd even say Judo and boxing would be a pretty damned good combo. An MMA gym instructor is too likely to be a jack of all trades, master of none.

Kung Fu can be good, and dare I say the "best," but I've only found one school that truly lives up to "all beauty comes from function" and that was my first and main school. The rest have way too much flowery showy stuff, sacrificing effectiveness for authenticity and oriental flavor while being little more than Chinese McDojo belt factories. And one time I was sparring with one of the top kung fu instructors who had a taste of BJJ. He thought he teach me a lesson by grappling with me, to throw me off. Well, haha, he has another thing coming when he realized I was a wrestler too. Kung Fu only guys certainly have a glaring soft spot in their armor, and it is grappling/ground fighting.

Striking should be the primary offense. There's a reason why militaries use bullets and missiles rather than nets. Percussion causes quick devastation to a target, and is the only way against multiple attackers. Just ask Little Dark.

Messages In This Thread