rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin American Coffee Guide

Quote: (03-07-2016 03:10 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

When it comes to coffee, Colombia is one of the best places to go. But unlike the author of this thread, I've gotten a bit deeper into the whole coffe culture and quality. Since I'm from Colombia, I've had the chance to find out the best spots to drink fresh and tasty cups.

If you want the true experience, don't go to the mall's coffee shop or a generic hipster store... Go to the source.

In Colombia, we have a region called "the coffe triangle". Lots of small traditional farm that have been cultivating coffe for the past 5 generations. There, you will not only see the whole process (from the picking to the sun bathing and roasting), but you will also have the chance to buy and consume freshly brewed and picked coffee beans.

The place to go is quindio. There you will find several of farms like such. If you want a fun and coffee related experience, go to "el parque del cafe", a theme park focused on coffee.

Saying you know anything about my experience with SPECIALTY coffee is bold to say the least. If you actually did know something about coffee (other than just being from a coffee producing country, where sadly enough, the people drink awful quality tinto that doesn't have anything to do with good coffee), you would know that going to the source is generally NOT a great place to drink good coffee for several reasons. While I agree with you that Quindío does produce great coffee, the average Joe isn't going to be able to get their hands on the quality stuff. The stuff you get from places like Parque de Café is NOT good quality specialty coffee, for the record. But thanks for trying anyway.

-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread