rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin American Coffee Guide

BRAZIL

SAO PAULO

Massive city with some nice coffee options. My favorites are below, although I will add a few others that I was unable to try as they were closed while I was there over the Carnaval holiday.

Torra Clara - Rua Oscar Freire, 2286 - Pinheiros - Tiny little shop with very tasty espresso and pour overs. As the name suggests, these guys specialize in lighter roast coffees and had three on offer when I went. You can buy bags of their beans also. It is a small place, but date-worthy if you don't mind the cozy factor. I recommend a pour over on a V60 along with one of their salty cheese waffles. Solid choice.

Por um Punhado de Dólares - R. Nestor Pestana, 115 - Consolação - Probably had one of the best pour overs here that I've tried in a Brazil. They offered the 2015 Cup of Excellence with was a coffee from the Bahia region. Simply incredible. It is a pretty hipster place. However, if good coffee is what you seek, this is definitely a place that will not disappoint. There was good seating here which opened up to the street. Respectable date spot.

Sofa Café - R. Bianchi Bertoldi, 130 - A nice and stylish place in Pinheiros that has pretty good coffee. If you are in the area, I would recommend checking it out. You can of course sit on sofas, which can make for a comfortable setup for enjoying your favorite hot beverage of choice. I got a very nice yellow bourbon pour over here on the V60 which was highly tasty. Recommended.

Honorable Mentions:

These are some places that I did not personally try, but have solid intel suggesting they are great.

Coffee Lab - Rua Fradique Coutinho, 1340 - Pinheiros - As another forum member has suggested, this place is supposed to have great coffee and roast in-house.

Little Coffee Shop - R. Lisboa, 357 - Pinheiros - From everything I've heard about this place, nothing sounded bad. Other than of course that this place is a tiny little hole in the wall.

-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread