rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin American Coffee Guide

BRAZIL

CURITIBA (CONT'D)

Café Municipal - Across from the Municipal Market in the centro on Rua Gen. Carneiro - Centro - This is a nice café with a good espresso from Lucca (They had a blend from Minas Gerais when I went there). Double espresso is 4.90 reais which is a good deal. A nice stop after doing some grocery shopping across the street at Munipal market. Good place for a shopping date without a doubt.

MON Café - inside Oscar Niemeyer Museum - It is rare that a museum has good coffee, but this place is certainly serving as the exception. They use a Lucca espresso blend specifically created for this café. Nice place with good seating and tasty sweet treats menu. I recommend the carioca which is basically a double espresso with water, which equates to a strong americano. Also, this museum is actually very cool - they have some very impressive art exhibits - one of the better museums of Latin America I would say. Highly recommend this museum as a date place - the café is a great place to either start it or end it.

Café do Mercado - Inside Mercado Municipal on Rua Gen. Carneiro - Another pretty great little coffee shop/store with very nice specialty coffee from all around Brazil. They seem to always be roasting in here, and you can pick up an espresso or freshly roasted specialty beans from around Brazil for a reasonable price. Just check when the beans were roasted to make sure you're getting something fresh if you want to get some beans. They also have a nice selection of coffee gear and equipment like hand grinders, V60s, filters, digital scales, etc. Worth a stop to get caffeinated during your mercado shopping trip.

Red Velvet Café - Rua XV de Novembro 1424 - Centro - Small and cozy little place popular with the young college crowd as there is a university nearby. These guys also use a Lucca espresso blend, and as you would expect, the espresso is good. They have tasty sweet treats like red velvet cupcakes and carrot cake, but it's a small place and I wouldn't recommend this place unless you plan to hit on young college students or just need a quick espresso. Didn't really see anyone here older than 20 years old.

-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread