rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin American Coffee Guide

BOLIVA

LA PAZ

Roaster's Boutique - Calle Rene Moreno E 20, San Miguel - Solid coffee roastery and bakery. They source specialty coffee from around various coffee regions of Bolivia. It is pretty good, although I don't particularly care for their espresso blend as it is a bit harsh and unbalanced in my opinion. Would be better with milk. Their pourovers are where this place shines in my opinion. Get a chemex, aeropress, or french press for 18 Bs. That is the move. You have like 4 options in terms of coffee origin for your pour over. You can get 12 oz. bags of their beans for between 90 Bs and 100 Bs. They also make nice croissants, cinnamon buns, cheesecake, and other assorted baked treats. Great date place. However, this place is quite far from city center. Hop in a shared taxi toward San Miguel from the centro for around 3 Bs each way - the ride takes about 30 minutes.

Writer's Coffee - Calle Comercio 1270, inside the Libreria Gisbert - This was a nice little find. Small place located just east of the Plaza Murillo inside of a book and stationery store. I had an espresso here which was nice and balanced. Nothing super exceptional, but compared with your other options (with exception of Roaster's Boutique) in this city, it is a gem in the rough no doubt. The café is quite cozy, and it's good place to bring a young lady and hide out from the rain for a while.

-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread