rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Newbie

Lost Newbie

I think you're off to a good start, and the more information and detail you provide, the more we can offer suggestions.

Here's a couple from me. I would ditch the "let me guess where you're from" opener for now. You seem to have more success by asking a question rather than putting yourself immediately in the hot seat.

Going with that concept, start thinking about your conversations differently with every person you meet. Ask follow-up questions to people who intrigue you. If you can tell they are boring or not interested, these are cold opportunities from the beginning. Just move on to the next one. As was mentioned, start having fun. People that don't like you or are boring are certainly not fun.

Regarding follow up questions: if you are going to be able to ask them you have to improve your in-person listening skills. You said you can do it on the phone, so my guess is you're spending too much time inside your own head instead of on the other person. For example, if you said that you'd like to do some traveling after graduation, and she says "I love to travel" you might ask if she could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? She responds with xxxx. A lot of people let it die right there by saying "ya that's cool, I'd go to yyyyy." But instead of thinking about what you'll say, you might ask a thought provoking question such as "Why is going to xxxx important to you?"

Obviously don't sound like a 3-year-old and keep asking "why?" after everything she says, but understanding who she is and if you even want to spend another second of your life on this girl is important.

So the idea is to ask open-ended questions after listening carefully. Say her name a couple times throughout the conversation so you don't forget it. The only time you should be asking questions that can be answered with one word (yes/no) are confirmation questions- and you should be asking them in a way that "yes" is the desired response. Think about these types of things ahead of time. You're not going to ask if she's got a boyfriend. You could ask, Do you live near here? I'm going to see this new band this weekend, wanna go?

When you want her number, just casually take out your phone and create a new contact and say give me your number and let her fill in the info. Then call that number to "make sure you got it right". 95% of girls have their phone sitting on the table because they can't hear it in their purse. Needless to say, it should ring. Then continue the conversation or say you'll continue some other time and then leave. Some people will say that numbers are a waste of time. But for you, I think it will give you some confidence moving forward. If you can get 1 number you can get 100. If you can get 100, you will probably be getting laid and you'll be completely ok with getting blown out by some cunt at the bar because she let you know in 60 seconds what it took some other ex- boyfriend of hers 6 months to figure out. These failures become dodged bullets.

If you get a one night stand out of your approach, that's great. You can get the number in the morning if you want. Or not. Whatever. But if you meet some new cool people to hang out with along the way, that's good too. Being able to add quality people to your life is a great skill to have, no matter if you're fucking them or not.

Stay with it, brother. It gets easier.

Messages In This Thread