rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Newbie

Lost Newbie

Quote: (10-24-2015 12:06 AM)rapaz12 Wrote:  

I want to try to go out to a bar alone again, but I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just really afraid to do it now.

Like tonight. I drove to a bar and sat around in the parking lot ten minutes, but I couldn't get out my car and go in.

What can I do??

I think there's nothing inherently wrong with this.

A buddy of mine had a system of forcing himself to work out: his goal was to make it to the gym 4 times a week. Not actually working out. But just making it to the gym. Sometimes, he would show up, change to his workout clothes, and peace the fuck out. Doesn't matter. Still went to the gym. Goal met. 98% of the time he actually worked out.

Baby steps man. Like Phoenix said, talk to three people at a bar. But first you need to be at a bar. Make it a habit to, once a week, put on a nice shirt and drive to the bar. Sometimes you will sit there for 10 minutes, say fuck it, and leave. I guarantee you, more often than not, you will end up going inside. Then, once you're inside, go talk to people.

It seems like too little, but not all people are built to learn to swim by jumping into an ocean. If you're a long term goal oriented and patient person, this might be a better way.

Messages In This Thread