rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Subtle Rivalry... Advice?

A Subtle Rivalry... Advice?

I was going to count how many times you said he / his / our /we / the guy etc in this post then I figured forget it because I bet you mentioned "him" over 100 times. Frankly, you sound obsessed with the guy. It's not normal to have to say "don't want to sound like a psychopath," and then later mention "not inflicting... physical harm."

I get the part about the competition and I am very familiar with it in your industry, and I do feel for you it is brutal competition I understand. The issue is not the competition with this "guy" it is something about you. Read on I am deadly serious.

You asked for thoughts and I only have one overwhelming and alarming impression from your post.

Forget about this guy and concentrate on yourself.

You are focused too narrowly on slots and think (as many trainees do) that you know all the variables and all the options. You don't. And from your writing this sound like a military program so you have even less control of the outcome, however that's not my main point.

If you are in fact who you say you are then concentrate on becoming a better airman regardless of the airframe you are assigned and taking your responsibility more seriously, rather than this gay sounding obsession with your classmate.

You want to make another aviator lose focus? Then you don't deserve to even graduate much less get the coveted slot. You better think hard and take back this Despicable statement. The cockpit, the crew, flight planning, ATC, are no places for "game." Right now you sound like a danger to yourself and to others in aviation. Maybe you should design men's jeans instead and psyche out the other jeans makers in a spirit of competition where no one will get hurt.

There is no room for "I can smell it on him" in aviation. All aviators have others lives in their hands. You need to remember this because when you get out in the real world and are working you will just repeat this same pattern with someone else in the pilot pool instead of doing your job if you don't snap out of it now.

Messages In This Thread