rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Holding You Back in the Workplace?

What's Holding You Back in the Workplace?

Far from being empowered, it’s obvious that women are hired just to make up the diversity numbers. At my company the lower levels are packed with minority women (basically all East Asian), whereas just about all the VPs and above are white men.

There’s 7 women and 1 man in the cube in my corner of the office. Apart from me and a white fatty they’re all Chinese-American. The man is basically a woman too – he talks like a Valley Girl from a 1980’s movie. All they ever talk about out is fluffy toys, TV shows and food.

5 years ago I used to fill in staffing reports for the California government for my old job. I had to break out people by gender and level of education, but not by race. Things could have changed now. My company mentioned race when we had a re-org 2 years ago, which I found very strange.

My boss and her boss are both women, but I would say they’re very competent at their jobs. They’re both overweight so they weren’t hired for their looks.

Messages In This Thread