rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Movie Club

RVF Movie Club

Brotherhood of the Wolf: Discussion and SPOILERS

[Image: Brotherhood_of_the_Wolf_Film_Poster.jpg]

I'll get us started with the first discussion. One of the features of this movie that had such a lasting impression on me was the director's sense of style. From the use of slow motion in the rainy opening fight sequence, to the costumes, tattoos, and locations. This is something that can come across as forced in other movies, but I felt it was done smoothly here.

Another strength was the blend of various genres to create a unique film. There are a lot of themes to work with, and it's ultimately a fun and successful balancing act.

Some of my favourite scenes:
1) When Fronsac plays to the ego of the poet to isolate Marianne, game recognized.
2) Mani's opening fight
3) The meeting in Paris, it adds an interesting historical twist
4) Finding out that Sylvia (Monica Bellucia) isn't who you thought she was, and her Mortal Kombat style weaponry.

In terms of the historical references, here's a video that explains more of the backstory, and the relevant link with more info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan

I can't say I've written many formal movie reviews or participated much in film critiques, so I've just discussed the first things that came to mind. Feel free to analyse whatever parts you like, I always like hearing a variety of viewpoints.

Messages In This Thread