rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much about science can you learn from self-study

How much about science can you learn from self-study

I wrote up this huge post in the quantum thread but I realized that it would be better here.

Paul's Online Math Notes. This is for learning how to do calculus. It's one of the best references and it delivers to you good explanations for how different things work.

Octave Online. Octave is very similar to Matlab, it's a matrix calculator. You can do a lot of things with Octave/Matlab, learning-wise it's for graphing functions and solving matrix equations. It's also a good way to softball yourself into some programming. Sagemath is also great to use.

Khan Academy. I bring this one up a lot, but it really is awesome. I've used it again and again to brush up skills that I've gotten rusty on. It's literally a one stop shop for drilling the basics.

My Open Math. I haven't used this, but it's free. It looks a lot like Khan Academy for beginner math.

Schaums Outline of College Physics 9th Edition. I like Schaum's Outlines, they tend to explain things better then most textbooks and they can be had under 20 bucks (or free).

Barring all these things, if you have a problem with a certain subject, there's generally a Schaum's Outline of it which will teach you the basics. Older editions can be found for free online.

For example, here is one for modern physics.

Schaums Outline of Modern Physics in PDF form (free). It's the 2nd edition so it's pretty old, but it's free.

If you want to go a step further you can register on the physics forums and ask questions there. There's a ton of knowledgeable guys who are willing to help out.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread