rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much about science can you learn from self-study

How much about science can you learn from self-study

Since we're all about self-improvement and learning here and because science is important for knowledge of the world something I've always wanted to do is become more educated in it. I have a great distaste for the "I Fucking Love Science" types and people whose science education consists of retweeting Neil Tyson Degrasse quotes and of posting articles about how some scientist somewhere has discovered a way to detect cancer with his scrotum sweat or something so I want to do it the right way.

How far can you get from just studying on your own? Of course it would be great if I didn't have to worry about making a living and can drop everything I'm doing do get a PhD but obviously that's not feasible for a lot of people. There was a period of time in the 17th the 18th century where science could be done by a lone tinkerer working in his home but that seems to have past. How much can you really learn these days without having access to a fancy lab?

Messages In This Thread