rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asians have overtaken Hispanics among immigrants to the U.S.

Asians have overtaken Hispanics among immigrants to the U.S.

One thing to add though regarding asians taking college spots - elite schools that are race blind (Cal, UCLA, & Caltech) are over 40% asian.

SCOTUS is taking up an affirmative action case again this term (which starts on october 5th). They will be re-hearing Fisher v. UTexas.

How far they'll go in restricting affirmative action is up in the air. I know most on RvF will feel that SCOTUS won't do anything but I'm of the camp that SCOTUS will rule on banning affirmative action, but for overtly public schools only. If they didn't want to do anything, they wouldn't have granted certiorari for the same case for a 2nd time in 2 years.

Private schools (ivies, stanford, etc) get tons of public funding via research grants and their students accessing financial aid but I feel that SCOTUS will narrowly tailor their decision to only affect public schools.

IMO, if the ivies went race blind you would probably see asians going from their 20% 'cap' to probably 35%.

Messages In This Thread