rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you a father, or do you want to be?

Are you a father, or do you want to be?

Quote: (10-07-2015 12:43 PM)makaveli Wrote:  

The "negatives" of being a dad in my opinion is the anxiety.. I was worried when she was born prematurely, worried the times she was sick, sometimes even worried when she is driving with her mom, worried about the future, and the world she is going to live in.
Never had those anxieties before. Well I'm not used to feel so vulnerable, but it's all right and I'm just getting used to it.

I touched on this on another of the 'Father' threads. It should something discussed further I think, as its the only real downside of having children. Especially for someone who never really had anxiety it comes as a real shock.

I was coached many years ago on how to be more vulnerable. It was a long slow process but eventually I was able to express that side of myself. The difference here is that I have no way to truly protect my most vulnerable (my son) and this is very hard. It is getting easier, but I still have a fear that he can be taken from me at any time and I am helpless.

It is so much more than him hurting himself as well. He hurts himself constantly, every day, but this is something he needs to do. He jammmed chopsticks into the back of his throat once...... never again. Things like that.

The real fear stems from the unknown.

Messages In This Thread