rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Volkswagon Emissions Scandal and German self loathing

Volkswagon Emissions Scandal and German self loathing

Quote: (09-27-2015 06:10 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the whole Volkswagon emission cheating debacle?

I've been seeing articles about how this scandal has brought great shame to Germany and how the name, "Made in Germany" can no longer be trusted.

Are you kidding me? So what if Volkswagon cheated on their emissions testing. Arguably the least important and most annoying aspect of automobiles is its emissions test which need I remind everyone not only takes away performance but fuel economy as well.

What other things does VW do well?
1. Build f*cking 250K+ mile machines that don't fail.
2. Are among the safest cars in the industry.
3. Manage to create powerful and fuel efficient vehicles when we should be building vehicles that source multiple fuels instead of just gasoline.
4. Live up to the "People's Car" name and are affordable to the masses.
5. Look decent, are comfortable, and ride well.

I'm not even a Volkswagon fanboy at all! I prefer Mercs anyday. However all this self immulation from this event from German media and its citizens disgust me. As a German American to real Germans, calm the f*ck down. Mistakes were made, patch it, pay the fine, move on.

Do you think the BP Gulf disaster brought great shame to the English people?

"The phrase petroleum and fish n chips will be synonymous with one another."

Germany is lost.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswag...violations

I agree, the only thing this scandal said to me is "Probably a good time to buy a VW if I was debating it, prices should be down"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread