rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

Quote: (09-28-2015 11:03 AM)rpg Wrote:  

Thanks.
Another question I have never gotten to the bottom of is where are high T women getting the testosterone? Ovaries? A high T woman is a very unique creature especially if with all the trimmings of beauty.

That's a great question, I had to look up the answer.

Testosterone in women is generated by the ovarian stroma (a type of tissue that has nothing to do with the follicle), the adrenal glands (specifically the adrenal cortex), with the rest being generated by other tissues.

It seems that most tissue in the female body is able to generate testosterone.

The actual percentages of testosterone production are: ovary 25%, adrenal glands 25%, other tissues 50%

So most of the testosterone in a woman's body is not made by any specific organ, but her human tissue in general.

Testosterone in women also does not follow a cycle. It is made at a constant level, and even persists beyond menopause.

Testosterone in women is created mostly by enzyme conversion from other molecules, specifically through conversion of cholesterol and progesterone. The testosterone released by the ovary is most likely converted progesterone, but as noted above, ovarian testosterone is only about 25% of the total.

My source:
http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0...2985-0/pdf

Messages In This Thread