rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

Quote: (09-28-2015 11:03 AM)rpg Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2015 10:46 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2015 10:26 AM)rpg Wrote:  

Can the birth control pill delay menopause for women in their early 40's if meopause hasnt begun yet?

Follicles naturally die off in a process called atresia. So even if the eggs are not released, they are not exactly preserved either - they still die.

Just to give you an idea of the extent of the carnage:
Human females are generally born with about 6-7 million follicles (i.e. eggs + egg shells)
By puberty, only about 400 000 have survived.
A woman will typically only menstruate about 500 times in her life, i.e. she will only have 500 ovulations.

So only about 500 of the original 7 million eggs are actually released. The rest just uselessly die off. Once they have all died, menopause starts.

So even if the ovulation process is halted through hormonal contraception, this process of dying off is not halted for the follicles.

[Image: 46077740gbiha_sm.jpg]
Thanks.
Another question I have never gotten to the bottom of is where are high T women getting the testosterone? Ovaries? A high T woman is a very unique creature especially if with all the trimmings of beauty.

The only place a woman would get testosterone without added androgens would be the pituitary gland in the brain. Genetics would determine how much test is actually secreted.

As for masculinized behavior, it stands to reason that what you think of as "high test" is probably not that much extra testosterone. She maybe on the right side of the bell curve, but it is a far cry away from your average male.

Messages In This Thread