rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I forgive my wingman?

Should I forgive my wingman?

Quote: (09-27-2015 07:42 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2015 07:13 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

P.S. Since you speak of fucking around with people - I"m pretty sure you're fucking around with us in your post.

I'm not, G. I take my posts on this forum with the greatest seriousness and I always try to give the best advice I possibly can.

Then that is my bad.

Quote: (09-27-2015 07:42 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

I do think that young dudes these days are a little too thin-skinned. And I also feel that there is a kind of romance for certain guys to the very idea of "cutting someone out of your life", they feel that it's enveloped in an air of manliness and Robert Greene-endorsed steely-eyed realism and ruthless efficiency. I find all this amusing but also regrettable, when all is said and done.

I feel that many men, including men on this forum, are lonelier than they like to admit, and part of the reason is that they don't take their male friendships seriously enough and don't give them enough of a chance. Of course if someone proves himself, over time and in different circumstances, to be a man of poor character, you may have to let him go. But over something as trivial as the story in the OP, all by itself? Of course not.

Out of curiosity, how old are you and how do you think I am?

As for loneliness and male friendships. I'd admit to feeling lonely a lot of the time. Part of the reason why I'm on the forum. Having 'discovered the red pill' I can't go back to my old life and pretend nothing's wrong. I can't talk about it with most people either. That's what really makes me feel lonely.

To an extent I can talk about this stuff with my parents and my best friend and as time goes by I notice I can get away with a lot of stuff around people if I just tell them I'm not politically correct. But it's rare that I meet someone with a open mind I can tell anything.

As for cast people aside at a few signs of trouble? I don't like it. But I sure as hell don't do it because some guy wrote a book telling me to do it. I don't let people in so easily or build attachments for two reasons.

1) I move around a lot (self explanatory).
2) The culture. If a girl says the wrong thing she can ruin my life. If a guy here's the wrong thing at the wrong time, and repeats it to the wrong people, that can be the end of my career. Hell - some of these guys, white knights or general douche bags are worse than the girls we rag on.

You must remember, the social contract works two ways. I'm 23 and the situation on the ground looks grim.

So to sum up - I recommend the OP throw this guy off the team for these reasons:

1) He's disloyal
2) He's dishonest
3) He's stupid*
4) Litmus test**

G

*If this guy really wanted to not tell OP something, saying "It's none of your business" is one of the most poor choice of words I can think of. Unless you're working for some alphabet soup agency and would have to kill someone if you told them what you were up to, there's no reason to use that phrase. Any normal person is going to be curious and think "I wonder why he's being defensive?". The best way to prevent someone from stealing something you own is to convince them that you've got nothing worth stealing. All this guy had to say was "Nothing special happened" when asked what else he got up to.

**Say I'm overreacting or making a decision based on the wrong data points and the the whole issue was not a big deal. If OP cuts him out of his life - the dude will either ask the OP why and explain himself better in good faith, or he won't which will speak to his character and how much he valued OP as a friend.

Messages In This Thread