rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mandatory Muslim Holiday(2 days) for all NYC schools signed in by Mayor de Blasio

Mandatory Muslim Holiday(2 days) for all NYC schools signed in by Mayor de Blasio

Quote: (09-27-2015 05:05 AM)AFS Wrote:  

All of these religious holidays and exceptions are inherently discriminatory and against the constitution:

Quote:Quote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

From Cornell law:

Quote:Quote:

The First Amendment's Establishment Clause prohibits the government from making any law “respecting an establishment of religion.” This clause not only forbids the government from establishing an official religion, but also prohibits government actions that unduly favor one religion over another.

Both Jewish & Muslim holidays are illegal under the constitution, case closed. You can't make a public holiday for one religion while ignoring others. If they do this, they also need to make holidays for every hindu, sikh, wiccan, satanist, etc etc and then students' time in school would be drastically shortened.

Of course democrats will never make a point of this, because their entire voting strategy is based on identity politics.

I'm not against days off from school, they should just not be tied to any religion. Every student should get a number of days they can take off for religious reasons, and allowed to make up the work for those days.

On another note, everyone who isn't willfully ignorant knows these religious holiday laws always work in favor of only CERTAIN ethnic & religious groups. I know someone who worked in a public hospital, and not a single Jewish nurse or doctor came in any Jewish holiday, and this was never questioned. Of course my Christian friend was never given such an option, he was forced to work on almost all Christians holidays, or was given a choice: "Christmas or Easter, choose one."

DateHoliday
Thursday, January 1New Year’s Day
Monday, January 19Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Monday, February 16*Washington’s Birthday
Monday, May 25Memorial Day
Friday, July 3**Independence Day
Monday, September 7Labor Day
Monday, October 12Columbus Day
Wednesday, November 11Veterans Day
Thursday, November 26Thanksgiving Day
Friday, December 25Christmas Day

As much as I agree with you, the feds still observe one religious holiday. Though, it should be noted that Jesus was born sometime in March 7 BC most likely.

Though at this point the US should do its best to avoid secularizing itself. Calling it the "holidays" pisses me off to no end.

Messages In This Thread