rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman loses job offer due to tattoos- plus size model waddles in to the fallout!

Woman loses job offer due to tattoos- plus size model waddles in to the fallout!

Saw this linked on facebook today. Basically some woman had a job offer withdrawn after the company saw her in real life (they did the interview over the phone for some reason).

They said it was because the tattoo on her hand/wrist could 'cause offence', however it's obvious they've just said this to try and let her down gently- she even has a tattoo on her neck.

I'll quote the best parts of the article, full link will be posted at the bottom.

Quote:Quote:

A woman who landed her 'perfect' job was fired half an hour later after the company learned she had a tattoo on her hand.

The tattoo in question:
[Image: 2CBEAFAE00000578-3248706-image-m-29_1443171442566.jpg]

And yes, she looks exactly how you expected. WNB, would deserve place in 'most busted lizard you ever poked' thread.
[Image: 2CBEAF9E00000578-3248706-image-a-30_1443171531114.jpg]

Clearly impressed with her experience, the firm offered her the position after passing a telephone interview with 'flying colours'.

However, after discovering that Claire had inkings on her hand - which would be difficult to cover up - they backtracked, saying they could not hire her as the design may 'cause offence'.

Are they taking advantage of PC culture to reject this hamster because of 'cultural appropriation' or some bullshit like that?

'I'm shocked that people still discriminate against visible tattoos. I just didn't think this happened any more. I'm totally disgusted.'

Tried not to laugh[Image: angel.gif]

Claire's rant has been shared nearly 2,000 times and re-tweeted by American plus-size model Tess Holliday, who is a fellow ink devotee.

Ah, where have we seen or heard of Tess before? Sorry for no trigger warning.
[Image: 2CAC44C500000578-3248706-image-m-38_1443172035229.jpg]

After seeing the Facebook post, Dee Set backtracked on their policy and offered Claire the job again.

No surprise here, they caved in to the pressure and offered her the job. She rejected it though.

She hopes her experience will help highlight discrimination in the work place and remove the stigma surrounding people with tattoos.

She's almost making it sound like it's an actual issue.

Full link:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3248706/Woman-fired-30-MINUTES-given-dream-job-company-feared-intricate-tattoo-hand-cause-offence.html

Messages In This Thread