rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Philippines Observations, Suggestions, and Comments

Philippines Observations, Suggestions, and Comments

I haven't been here long but so far I disagree about the long-running story of the food being bad.

I've walked into food courts in malls (even if you're not BB Bourdain, you can't get any more easy-to-find than that) that rivalled what I saw in a similar setting in my many years in Thailand, and I've found great stuff in plenty other venues too.

Yeah, I've definitely had some shit meals here, and there's a lot of unhealthy food floating around (though the giant platter of fried chicken in the KTV last night was bomb enough to be worth it), but in my opinion so far, it's definitely not the barren cuisine wasteland a lot of people assert it is, at least not where I'm at now.

I for one am anxious to dig into the food scene more.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread