rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5,000% price increase then decrease for HIV medication
,000% price increase then decrease for HIV medication
Quote: (09-22-2015 09:48 PM)Eskhander Wrote:  

I heard it was an anti-malarial
Quote: (09-22-2015 09:13 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

On the other hands, most of the people who need AIDs medicine are the gays, especially the bug chaser/poz crowd. Seeing how increasing intent they are on shoving their culture down my throat and intolerant they prove despite the cries for treatment opposite of what they give out....I care not.

G
Quote: (09-22-2015 10:00 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Toxoplasmosis is also a disease of crazy cat ladies. Coincidence?

I had a feeling there would be some sentiment toward the medication being for HIV - not on just RVF, but some other places featured people who took the guy's side on the sole basis that it was for HIV treatment. Many laypress articles began to generalize the medicine as being an HIV med (out of the 'cocktail' of drugs most patients actually have to take).

Just thought I'd clear things up - the medicine, Daraprim, does have a use in HIV patients, but only in specialized cases. So not every HIV patient would even need this drug.

It is also used to treat Malaria, Encephalitis, foodborne illnesses, and finally some rare forms of cancer. The latter often occurs in children. In general, toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease, and in reality, a ton of people (perhaps even yourself) have some form of "toxoplasmosis," but the issues begin to really manifest when you have immune deficiencies.

Getting off the soap box now, and I'm not here to attack anyone's beliefs, posting here just to clarify.

Messages In This Thread