rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Quote: (03-01-2016 04:12 AM)malakaix Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2016 05:13 AM)262 Wrote:  

I managed to save and invest enough over my career not to need a location independent business. But the leap of faith of quitting my cushy job and putting it all on my savings and investment strategy sure seemed big at the time!

What do you tell people/women abroad when they ask what you do? I would imagine stating your an investor or trader would signal you're loaded which wouldn't be particularly desirable.

This was a question I constantly ran into when I was living overseas, I wasn't doing anything particular besides travel, a bit of odd jobs here and there and some writing but without active work or a specific long-term goal I could spin their way it became a difficult question to answer. I did make shit up from time to time, but i'm just curious to hear your perspective with regards to this question and living on investment returns.

I tell women that I work for a private investor. What I don't tell them is that he happens to be me [Image: wink.gif]

If they ask for details, I usually spin something I actually do into something that sounds like a job. For example, "I met a few guys in Prague," becomes "I met a few clients in Prague."

I do the above to avoid gold-digging women and scam-artist men, and to avoid questions or skepticism, since most people would not believe I'm retired at my age (early 30s). I only tell people the truth if they earn my trust.

Messages In This Thread