rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

thoughtgypsy,

Check my relocation thread in my signature for details, but if you're TL;DR:

- I use my Charles Schwab banking account worldwide for ATM withdrawals. No problems and great exchange rates, so I don't have a local bank account here in Poland. Most Polish bank accounts also charge monthly fees, except for mBank, I think. If you want a chip-and-PIN card (American chip cards are chip-and-signature mostly, I think), a local bank's debit card may offer that (at least here in Poland - but you have to go to a branch with your passport to sign up as a foreigner, as I understand). The only instances I've run into only chip-and-PIN cards being accepted (as opposed to chip-and-signature cards) are the automated McDonald's kiosks in Europe - so I have to go to the counter and interact with cute Polish girls, oh no [Image: wink.gif]

- Ever since I lost my wallet a while back in the States, I've always tried to have duplicates of what's in my wallet. Even more of a plus abroad, where getting a replacement with new numbers from the States will take even longer (I have a US-based mail-scanning-and-forwarding service for this, check my thread for details.)

- Electronics are cheap in the US compared to most places worldwide, including here in Poland (even though salaries are lower here). But check online before you buy here or there.

My guess is you're going to the Phils?

Messages In This Thread