rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Quote: (12-03-2015 10:03 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

I had this re-titled so I could keep a journal of my progress towards location independence in this one thread. I expect to give regular updates on this thread for the foreseeable future.

Few minor updates here:

* This weekend I'm taking a motorcycle safety class and to get my motorcycle license in case I need to ride one in SEA or wherever.

* I've been stepping up my research into foreign visas, US tax laws, health insurance, and TRT medications because I'll need to get this shit down pat once I cut the umbilical cord.

* I'm also considering applying to remote tele-jobs in the April-June time frame and to continue working my business on the side (I'll start with asking my own company if I could work remotely from anywhere). Figure that would keep my income up on the high enough side, giving me more options to live in slightly higher COL areas instead of just Chiang Mai. I say this because I'm continuing to struggle with my marketing and client acquisition efforts for my business.

* Will soon start researching the Bangkok / Thailand threads here to plan my trip there in the March timeframe. Might visit Chiang Mai for a few days or a week just to get a taste.

If you end up in Chiang mai for a few days make sure to take a trip up north. If you stay a week, a small trip in either the Mae Hong Son direction or to Chiang Rai via Mae Sariang is really awesome. Do it on a motorbike, great driving and great nature. You can do it on scooters actually, slower and more to see instead of on a big bike.

Messages In This Thread