rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

It does feel liberating selling your stuff. I've done it twice in my life, but both times I regretted it later. The stuff I sold was valuable to me and hard to replace.

As much as I want to live overseas and be location independent, I know I will need and want to come back to the US for a month or three. My strategy will be to have an inexpensive home/apartment with my stuff it in it here in the US so I have a place to come back to in-between adventures.

A cheaper option would be to pay $150/month to put it all in storage, but then you have no place to live.

When I left for the Phils last year I had no return date, but after 2 months I wanted to return. Coming back to the US without a place to live and staying with my parents for a month until I found a new job really sucked.

Next year I'll be leaving the US again, and while I'd like to think it will be for good I know I will probably want to come back and spend time in the States. Not too much time.

Everyone's different though. Just something to keep in mind.

Messages In This Thread