rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Push to Normalize Pedophilia Begins

The Push to Normalize Pedophilia Begins

EDIT: Arrrr, me old hearty Conscious Pirate beat me to it. I'll leave my quoting here, though.

With bitterness I resurrect this thread to report this shit is now starting to get pushed in Prison Australia:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-li...591195e380

Quote:Quote:

Dr Frost will be among several experts speaking on the subject, which will include a discussion around the key consequences of demonising an abuser, and how we should be dealing with these people once they are released from prison.
“There are two regrettable consequences of demonising an abuser,” Dr Frost said.
“The first is that we are less likely to recognise them, such as celebrities. For many decades, cases like Rolf Harris [and Robert Hughes] didn’t come to light until a long time afterwards — because they weren’t the creepy men in the shadows like we are lead to believe all sex offenders are.

“These types of abusers aren’t jumping out from behind a bush with a lolly in hand, and they don’t look like the monsters we normally associate with sex offenders.
“If there’s an allegation towards Great Uncle X, for example, about what he has done to nephews and nieces, people often say no — because he’s a relative and an upstanding individual, and we don’t want to accuse those we love.”

Nothing like an element of truth to disguise a lie. Most paedophiles are not, indeed, creepy men at the park. Invariably they're usually close family members, or people brought into a family's life by -- invariably -- the mother.

Dr Frost said it was difficult to categorise sex offenders.
“As individuals, there are psychological characteristics of sexual offenders such as being a lonely or isolated individual, and difficulty with forming an adult relationship,” Dr Frost said.
“They [sex offenders] are a heterogeneous group, and have more in common with the general population than the criminal population.
“They cover all status ranks, incomes and demographics. While they are mostly men, it’s very hard to pin them down. While I’m not saying we shouldn’t categorise these people — because it can be helpful — I think we have got a bit preoccupied in the physical characteristics of these perpetrators, by giving them the title of monster, sick or demonising.”

Fucking idiot. "Monster" and "sick" are mental characteristics we give to these clowns, describing their behaviour, not their physicall appearance.

Dr Frost said the other consequence of stigmatising sexual offenders, or a “shunning campaign”, is that we categorise them as a “monster” which only leads to further secrecy on the perpetrator’s part.
“These men, usually, are released from prison and isolated within a community — which is only more likely enabling them to do it again,” Dr Frost said.
“When isolated and demonised, they go underground — and that’s what creates the lonely circumstances and means they are likely to reoffend.
“For this reason, we have to be serious about rehabilitation. So instead of saying they are a sick individual, we need to acknowledge their problem as a social problem — and take action.”
Over the course of three decades, Dr Frost said he has come to the conclusion that there are at least five contextual elements common to most abuse.
“I’ve worked with boys and men for 30 years, and 10 years in the New Zealand Department of Corrections with sex offenders,” he said.
“One thing that became clear was a common set of circumstances where abuse thrives. These are secrecy, exploitation, grooming, blame shifting and collusion.
“We need to look at abuse as a social problem, because it’s easy to pass it off as a group of sick individuals.
“Where secrecy thrives, such as burying these perpetrators in society, that allows circumstances for abuse to occur in.”

Yet another doctor who things rehabilitation is a magic wand to fix an evil personality. Theodore Dalrymple's The Knife Went In is all the counterargument you need to this shit.

There is a reason we shun paedophiles: because society must not, will not, cannot condone their behaviour. Insofar as there is a religious reason for this shunning, it comes from Christian principles of protecting children: "Better that a millstone be thrown round a man's neck than that he should mislead one of these" and so on.

And here's the most hilarious part:

Dr Frost said while he doesn’t believe sex offenders can be healed — because “they aren’t suffering from an illness” we as a community need to teach them how to meet their needs in a different way.
“They are like the rest of us, but have chosen a bad way of meeting those needs,” he said.
“Rehabilitation is a matter of helping these men form workable relationships with adults, and leaving the life of secrecy behind.
“Not just romantically, but simple adult relationships — which a lot of people won’t give them the opportunity to do.
“All of us are in pursuit of attaining certain human goods, including a sense of mastery, competence, and a sense of belonging. Those who engage in sexual offending, or any kind of criminal offending, are trying to attain such goals. In doing so they have chosen very poor means of doing so. They need to change these means in ways that respect the rights, needs and feelings of others.”

Why should society bend for these offenders? Where is the social benefit in allowing this? Criminals are not trying to achieve "mastery, competence, and a sense of belonging" when they beat the snot out of you while burgling your house. By and large, criminals are doing it simply because they can, because they get a thrill out of it ... or because they are responding to their other addictions. The cost of rehabilitation in these instances -- leaving aside paedophilia -- is prohibitively high and questionably effective. Sex offenders of this particular kind deserve rehabilitation a lot less.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread