rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me out with this weird online dating situation

Help me out with this weird online dating situation

Here's the scenario:

-I messaged a girl I'd put at a 9 on an online dating site and she messaged me back the same day. We sent a few messages back and forth and I told her to add me on facebook, which she did relatively quickly. I messaged her on facebook and no response for a few days (even though I could see she was "online"). She finally replied to my facebook message saying she doesn't check facebook often (a lie) but gave me her number to text her (unprompted).

-The next day I sent her a text and I don't get a reply for like 8 hours, during which period of time I noticed she posted a few things on facebook (pictures likely from her phone). After she replied I waited like an hour and texted her back my standard text game which works well with most girls, but generally got really short answers and seemingly little interest.

I'm kind of lost as to what to think is going on? She clearly thought I was good looking enough and had my shit together enough to message me back, give me her facebook, and her phone number (w/o me asking). But now her responses lead me to believe something has changed...but I don't really know what it could possibly be as we haven't even met in person. Here are my possible theories:

(1) She's trying hard to not come on too strong and play hard to get. I literally hate this so much I usually just move on.

(2) I noticed on Facebook we have a relatively large number of mutual friends (50 or so including some of her decent girl friends). To my knowledge, I've never pissed any of them off or hooked up w/ any of them, but I guess its possible I got a negative review from one of them if she asked them about me.

(3) She's talking more intensely with someone else and is currently slow playing me.

Any advice on what you think is going on and how to handle it? I'm literally kind off stumped on this as I've never gotten such conflicting messages in such a short period of time when nothing has really changed.

Messages In This Thread