rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lindy West brags about getting an abortion to start hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion

Lindy West brags about getting an abortion to start hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion

Quote: (09-24-2015 12:22 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2015 02:00 AM)fullnelson Wrote:  

I'm pro choice but if you think it's ok to boast about snuffing a life so easily you must be psychotic. Everyone I know who has had one said it was a devastating experience.

I swear feminism is taking on cult tendencies, this is like some messed up sacrifice.

Shame is a form of pain. It reminds you that you are human. That you may have fucked up. Try better and harder next time. Use it to feed your success. Just don't feed yourself with too much food to compensate for that pain. Deal with it. And nobody start with me about you always need to feel good and shame is a useless thing etc.

Modern feminism is all about making sure women never have to feel the slightest bit of discomfort in any sort of situation. And since shame makes women uncomfortable, the rest of us must therefore never ever shame a woman on any choices she makes it in her behavior; hence the constant campaigning against "slut-shaming", "fat-shaming" and such.

A similar situation applies to people living up to societal standards and expectations. Since some people fail to live up to these standards and as a result feel inadequate we must therefore get rid of these standards so no one ever has to feel shame from not being able to achieve these standards.

Just another manifestation of Millennial narcissism and fragility.

Messages In This Thread