rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lindy West brags about getting an abortion to start hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion

Lindy West brags about getting an abortion to start hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion

Quote: (09-22-2015 07:33 AM)Blackwell Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2015 06:34 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

On twitter I keep seeing #shoutyourmurder repeating a statistic that 1 in 3 women has an abortion. That seems really high? Like 1 in 2 women in canada is sexually assaulted ludicrous, but there is at least one paper with CDC stats to support it http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/a...imeab.html

If this is indeed true, thats mind boggling. With all of the birth control that is out there, that many bitches still have abortions? If men were the ones that had to remember to take a pill would we see the same statistics? I think not

Yeah I mean you would think that was just another one of those crazy made up statistics but I don't know.

1 in 3 seems high but just from my experience, I know quite a few girls who have had at least one abortion. I used to fuck with a chick who I later found out had gotten 3 abortions (none of them mine). We were only 18/19. God only knows how many she has racked up now. It's sick.

So just based on the stuff I know about from within my extended social circle I get the sense that they are fairly prevelant and that doesn't even take into account all of the ones that I've never heard about.

I think it's just so easy to do now that's it's become another thing that barely gets a second thought. It's so easy to do and to do discretely.

I feel a bit ill after typing that out.

Ok, here is where the funky math takes place

Quote:Quote:

From 1967 to September 2008, approximately 50,200,000 abortions occurred in the United States; of these, about 30,260,000 or 60% were to women with no prior abortions [1,2]. In other words, 30,260,000 different women had one or more abortions from 1967 to the present in the U.S.

Given that there were 101,314,000 women ages 15-64 in the U.S. in 2007, this implies about 25-28% of women ages 15-64 in the U.S. today have had at least one abortion in their lifetime. The uncertainty stems from unaccounted-for factors such as mortality among older women, women who have immigrated into the U.S. in this time period, U.S. women who obtained abortions abroad, and abortions obtained in the U.S. by women from other countries. (This discussion only includes legal abortions; illegal abortions prior to the 1970s were probably in numbers small enough not to significantly affect the final results.)

The study takes the 41 year cumulative abortion total and then applies it to the current population of women in ages 15-64 in 2007. Thats some lazy ass math.

It should be the abortions per year over the population of women in that year and then averaged over 41 years. Thats undergraduate assignment lazy right there.

edit: wait...fuck this study even more. They provide a breakdown by age groups and there is this huge abortion 'cohort' that is passing through from the late 80s that is fucking up the statistics and of course making it more common than it really is.

Pulling from the article's table data, the abortion rate for young women is actually falling alot.

% of women aged 20-29 that have had an abortion
1987 - 30.6
1994 - 30.4
2001 - 26.6
2008 - 19.3

Fuck whoever wrote this study and quotes these statistics. The abortion rate USED to be 1 in 3 women, none of those 29 year old bitches from 1987 are still getting abortions and so shouldn't be counted. The real rate of abortion today, is 1 in 5. Its down 11% since 1987 and falling at a rapid rate.

Whats happening in this study is that the cohorts of 1987 and 1994 are still being included in the 'have you had an abortion' data and then being applied proportionally to today's female population. Totally wrong.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread