rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Robbed in Cali Colombia

Robbed in Cali Colombia

Quote: (09-21-2015 02:41 PM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

Hey bootyhuntah - thanks for your story I'll definitely be sure to keep all this in mind.

This particular part:

Quote: (09-21-2015 09:37 AM)bootyhuntah Wrote:  

Red flag #3 - about 2-3 minutes after leaving the terminal, the taxista pulled into a natural gas refueling station to fill up the tank. We were instructed to get out of the car while it was being refueled for our own safety. The taxista then disappeared for a few minutes and returned once the refueling was complete, probably 4-5 minutes later.

This is where I think you had made the mistake. There should be ZERO circumstances to leave the Taxi while refueling. But it is easy to point out stuff in hindsight, but thankfully this bad experience didn't result in something worse. I'm glad you're both safe.

Hmmmm... Taxi drivers actually do take a leak sometimes, so it doesn't necessarily need to be bad.

How far was it between the bus station and the hotel/hostel? If it was a short distance, the driver would probably have been able to wait with the pit stop.

I've had a taxi driver to stop for refuelling as the destination wasn't local, yet I didn't like that inconvenience (this was in a 'safe' country).

Messages In This Thread