rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Robbed in Cali Colombia

Robbed in Cali Colombia

Yeah it sucked. I'm fine now if not a bit gun shy still. But honestly, I feel bad for my girl because obviously it's going to take her a MUCH longer time to recover from this situation than me. Also, I normally travel with three debit cards with the money being spread over 3 accounts, two of which being the nest eggs and one being for everyday travel needs for ATM withdrawals. These two debit cards are always hidden in my room at all times. I have (it was stolen) a Charles Schwab international checking card (which is great because it reimburses ATM fees around the globe with no minimal balance requirements) as my every day ATM withdrawal card. I normally only maintain about a $500 USD balance, and add about $500 USD or so per week more or less. It would definitely not be advisable to carry a card at night with access to your main travel funds as it could easily be cleaned out during a robbery at an ATM or kidnapping situation. Better yet, just take cash.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread