rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just graduated, considering a pilot gig.

Just graduated, considering a pilot gig.

My dad is a captain for a major airline. Let me tell you this, he didn't commit to making it a career until he was in his early thirties. He started as an Air Force reservist, then as a bush pilot, then stopped flying for several years, and later went back to aviation at a small regional airline and worked his way up from there. Also, a friend of my dad worked as an accountant after college, he soon realized he didn't want to stare at spreadsheets for 20 years so he pursued aviation as well and succeeded. It's not too late at all.

Lots of guys take jobs at 3rd world airlines. It one way to build up your hours. I have a friend who's married to a pilot at a regional, but it's only part-time and in the meantime he's a motorcycle mechanic. So you definitely have to start small and make peanuts.

There is an airline pilot on this board that has a formal career data sheet on aviation

Edit:
thread-42092...ine+career

Messages In This Thread